My Childhood is gone.....

I'm grown now, I own it at last
Childish fantasies are a thing of the past
Its hard to let go but I must be an example
Pay my dues like I purchased a sample

My heroes are tarnished
Role models no more
Probably victims themselves
But became predator

Every beat I re-drummed
Every lyric I sang
To now be hurt to the core
From the sound of your name

We danced to your music 
And told our kids you were different
To only learn now
That you really had the blueprint

Time will tell
You're innocent until guilty
But with each breaking news
You look more filthy

It seems that the new school
As one up on the old
Social media protected them
From the industries hold

I thought you told us 
that you won't stop
Maybe if you did
It wouldn't have destroyed hip hop

Bodies my dude
People we respected
Mishandling precious beings
Because you were neglected

This is f$#ked up
Devastating at most
As you'll all fall 
Like Tariq shot Ghost

I'm done, I'm too passionate
When I care
My childhoods gone
The song cry of the year.....





Comments

Popular Posts