Dark Places

The scars on my skin can't hold a candle to the scars in my brain. Memories are like stains on a veteran mechanics uniform. I'm torn between reality and a nightmare; fears of a lonely Queen. Screaming from night tears but I'm wide awake. Take a break and walk into the light for happiness. Yes! This feels great! I relate this moment to many before where I've endured so much magnetic love. That flow of positive energy where nothing is wrong and it all feels so right. In my site is a beautiful little sassy lady trapped in a 7 year olds soul. "Behold, I give you Princess Khaiya!" This is the dramatic entrance that is expected of you in her presence. 🤦🏽‍♀️ the essence of a royal empress who doubles as Zena Warrior Princess. No less than 5 minutes of royalty, then enters her hype man. 🤣 KJ Kool he called himself and his father co-signed it. Sit I say to everyone entering; mentioning all rules and regulations, with no negotiations allowed. Now, the eldest walks in, my partner in crime. Demanding your attention as she has now graced you with her presence. Ding. Ding. Ding. The fight begins. Sirens are going off in my head because I thought we agreed to the rules. 🤷🏽‍♀️ who's sitting next to mommy? Who's telling their story first? Who's getting the remote? Who's picking the show? You know, it was pretty quiet about 10 minutes ago. Although it was dark the silence was comforting. Then I'm drawn into the smiles and for awhile I just tune out the bickering and gaze at their beautiful faces. Laughter and a little roasting and I'm coasting on a cruise in the Bahamas in my head. Lead by a gorgeous captain with long locs and a smile as wide as the ocean. And then something breaks......and it's back to reality. 

Comments

  1. Wait! I'm still on the boat waiting for you to get back! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts