Me

Wife
Mother
Coach 
Thomas
Get to know me 
You'll be amazed I promise
Those are titles I've embraced
But they still aren't me
You assume what you know,
Buy the pictures you see

High School I loved to dress
Yearbook celebrity 
Had a job at 14
BPL gave me currency 
Basketball, law team
Then I blew out my knee
No ball, 
put my focus in a law degree

Had a fight, broken ribs
Dropped out of Martin
Monroe here we go
College bound, dorm apartment 
Then I slipped
Cause the books didn't motivate me
Got married 
And my gift was my beautiful baby


There's a moral to this story
That you don't get from looking
Peeking in the pot
Doesn't tell you what's cooking
There are layers of this skin
That's why I'm thick and I'm solid
I can push and move mountains 
If you want it, I got it
Forget all 39 
Those years are gone
40 is my reset, now the Queen is reborn!





Comments

Popular Posts