My City

My mission on this day was to make it to Ft. Hamilton Pkwy to catch the sunrise. To my surprise, I was in for an actual race as I paced each stride down the Belt. I felt the adrenaline pumping in my chest equated to the revving of the horsepower in the Range. What's strange is that no matter how many times I've taken this ride there isn't once that I haven't noticed something new.
To say the least. It ceased to amaze me what I've seen throughout the streets of NYC. As my memory replays my sites, I glance to my left to see that the sun is already slowly rising towards the direction of my final destination. My imagination has now placed me on a track, in Brooklyn, in the race to the sunrise 🌅. 
After passing Crossbay, I find an open lane. Again, seeing the sunrise approaching in my rear view, I'm cruising along. The song is my hypeman, making me feel unstoppable. Made it passed East New York's 2 stops in less than 5 now let's revive my jetpack and make moves. Smoothly, I breeze by Canarsie and I'm on the brink of Flatbush. Pushing through, Sheepshead is in the rear. Coney Island is near and the sunrise is gaining on me. See, I look ahead and Ft. Hamilton is on the horizon. Literally. Lol. I exit and make the u turn to get to the East bound side for the finish line. 9 minutes until sunrise and I park, collect my things and find my favorite bench. Drenched in the essence of such a beautiful morning; I watch the joggers, bike riders, low key weed smokers 👀😜 lovers and whoever else may have been there for their own reasons but didn't know that they were my company, cheering me on at the finish. The chill didn't diminish the beauty of the rising sun because I was filled with it's warmth. I watched the clouds break up in the sky like clouds of smoke disappearing in the air. There, here, is where I am supposed to be. Basking in the glory of God's creation. And as my imagination became my guide, I vowed to ensure that I strive for this peace, beauty and wonder on a more consistent basis. The faces I see. The sunlight reflecting from the trees. The glow of the morning skyline painted on the beams of the bridge. This is a place I don't mind. I like it here. If only just for this moment, excluding the cosmetically tarnished depictions of it when it's grity. In me always, is my city!

Comments

Popular Posts